We at Waard Metals get a lot of questions – some of the most popular questions are whether we do or do not provide for shop drawings and submittals.
Good news! Waard does the work for you when it comes to all the paperwork.
Here’s what you need to know about the services we offer.
WHAT KIND OF SHOP DRAWINGS DOES WAARD DO?
Waard provides a few different types of shop drawings, categorized by the level of hands-on work required for results:
- Single-page profile drawing – shows basic information about the product
- Single-page installation drawing – an overview of the product’s or products’ basic installation, showing the product profiles and installation assembly, including fastener specs and spacing.
- Architectural/installation details – multiple pages showing various typical installation details for the products
- Full shop drawings or coordinated drawings – shows the product installation details for the quoted or in-progress project
HOW MUCH DO THESE SERVICES COST?
Submittals are part of the wraparound support that we provide to our customers, free of charge.
As for shop drawings, you as the customer must request a drawing – they are a common service, but not automatic.
Unlike the complimentary submittals, shop drawings do come with a fee based on the size of the project and details of the products required. This can be a flat fee or on a $/square foot basis.
HOW DO I MAKE A REQUEST?
To request a shop drawing, just give us a call with the information we need to get the ball rolling.
Necessary information for shop drawings includes:
- Customer contact information – including phone number, address, and email
- Project information – project name, location, and construction drawings
- Product being quoted – material, thickness, color, etc.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I MAKE THE REQUEST?
The shop drawing process begins when you contact Waard Metals with a request. Our sales team provides a project and product quote. When you accept the quote, we ask you for the request submittal information listed above, including the type of shop drawing you desire.
Our Waard team then gives you another quote for the shop drawings – and once our quote and your vision are on the same page, we can begin the hard work! We work quickly and thoroughly to produce a quality shop drawing with your schedule in mind – and once we’re done, we send it to you, ready to be submitted.
From request to delivery, Waard Metals is your partner for shop drawings and submittals. We are committed to helping you produce the results you want for your project.
Call Waard Metals today and get experts on the job – so you don’t have to be!